Tuesday, February 15, 2011

$1,250 a Pound.



Firstly, let me apologize for my lapse in blogging.  Work has been crazy and I feel like I haven’t had time to sit down and put pen to paper, or fingers to keyboard.  Well, I’m back!  So don’t worry, I didn’t fall off the wagon – still very much on, minus the blogging.  

I had a revelation yesterday.  I have been going to a plastic surgeon for the past few months for a Pyogenic Granuloma (a.k.a - Bertha) that had to be removed from my right cheek, then I had to have a cyst removed from my leg (a.k.a. - Bubba).  So between Bertha and Bubba, I have been in to see my plastic surgeon quite a bit as of late.  Anyway, yesterday was my last appointment and all I had to do was get the stitches removed from my leg.  

After he removed the stitches, he asked if there was anything else that I wanted to talk about.  I jokingly told him that I would like for him to liposuction about 30 pounds off of me.  He turned a bit serious and told me that he would be happy to do liposuction, but the most that he could do in one sitting was about 8 lbs.  Without being prompted, he saw through my next question – cost.  He included that an 8 pound lipo would run one about $10,000.  

I could have fallen off that uncomfortable white faux alligator skin chair.  Who would pay $10,000 for 8 measly pounds??  Apparently, the answer is lots of people – WHO HAVE MORE MONEY THEN THEY KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH!!!!

Then it hit me.  I have already lost over 16 pounds.  I have lost over $20,000 in liposuctioned fat.  Sweet baby jesus.  That makes me feel fantastic!!!!  Plus, no recovery time!!!  That decision seems like a no brainer…  $30 a month for the gym with no recovery time, aside from heating pads and wine – OR $50,000 in lipo with weeks of recovery and a possibly side effect of death.  

I have a renewed outlook for the gym and how fabulous it really is.  The gym is cheap, fun (very loose interpretation), and cheap. 

Today I challenge you to take that gym membership that has been sitting dormant for a year, and go to the gym!  It’s much better then paying $1,250 per pound with recovery time.

Peace out from the biggest girl on the smallest legs.
XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm officially in love with my gym now! My kids need to think about becoming plastic surgeons when they grow up...

    btw...the "side effect of death" cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete