Monday, March 28, 2011

Another 2.4lbs Bite the Dust

"Another one bites the dust (da-da-da)
And another one gone, and another one gone
Another one bites the dust"...  Thank you Queen.










I was totally shocked this week, in a good way.  I should have been more prepared, but I was caught off guard when I weighed in yesterday and lost 2.4 pounds.  I thought I was past the big losses, but apparently they are still here!  I realized I was so caught off guard because I was just living life and not being laser focused on how much I weigh every other day and what I am eating.  I am basking in proudness, if that is even a word.  I was thinking I would have more time before my (30 pound loss milestone) mini makeup makeover, but I may need to get crack-a-lackin' on deciding which product line I would like to buy.   :-)~

I have mentioned before that I have a crazy dog.  This remains a true statement.  On Wednesday she apparently partially tore her crucite tendon/ligament in her right hind, and we really have no idea how.  If there is a way to do something crazy like tear off toenails or tear her crucite, apparently she will find a way.   I had the pleasure of spending Thursday morning at the vet, but luckily we are just on 2 week bed rest and not scheduling surgery right now.  I am hopeful that we can give it time to heal, and skip all of the messy details. 

This 2 week doggy bedrest means that she will miss her daily walks, which was apparently very traumatic for her today.  I met one of my wonderful neighbors for our normal early AM walk (sans dog) and Brant said that she was so upset that I left her she was sitting in the bed and howling like a hound dog.  I am not sure I have ever heard her howl or bay or whatever it's called...  I feel so sad because she loves her morning walks with Duke.   Hopefully we will be back in action in a week and a half and she can get back to her beloved walks.  Poor little pup pup.

I am starting to feel like poor little Rivanna when I miss my walks and other exercise now.  I don't howl, but my body sure does get cranky! 

One of the many great things about this journey that I am on is the empowerment.  It is empowering to realize that you have ownership over how much you move and what you shove in your face (yes, I know this should be obvious, but it isn't always).  I am proud to say that of the 13(ish) weeks that I have been a weight watchers member, all of my weigh ins have resulted in a loss.  That is awesome to think that I have only lost weight for the last 3+ months.   I really am happy with where I am and all of the work and will power that it took to get here. 

Kicking ass and taking names.

Peace out from the not so biggest girl on the still smallest legs.

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Yay for you! I just did a quick catch up and am so happy for you!! You are inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete